The name “Biryani” brings temptation in everybody. The scrumptious dish is everybody’s favorite and found in almost every restaurant’s menu. The dish is made with rice, meat, vegetable and spices. The best part about cooking biryani is, while cooking entire kitchen smells heavenly.
- 300 grams basmati rice
- mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients mentioned above in marinade. Add chicken pieces to the mixture. Let it sit like that for 4-5 hours.
- Take any cooking oil/butter/ghee in a frying pan and sauté dry spices and add onions ,mint till they turn brown (golden).
- Soak the basmati rice for 15 minutes in lukewarm water, wash 3-4 times and drain the excess water.
- Soak saffron in warm milk and allow it to cool for some time.
- Take a deep vessel, grease the bottom of the vessel with ghee/butter/cooking oil, now, add some of the marinated chicken to the pot, add some of the fried onion over it.
- Put half of the rice on the chicken as a layer, pour in some saffron milk and fried onions and dry spices over it.
- Add all the reserved chicken and chicken stock, then add another layer of rice and pour in all saffron milk over it.
- Add some ghee or butter on the top. And cover the vessel with the aluminum foil or thick cloth. Cover the pot with the lid.
- Cook it on medium flame for 20 minutes. Now, lower the flame, and cook it for 10-15 minutes. Switch off the flame and open it after 10 minutes. Garnish it with raisins and coriander leaves.
- Delicious, aromatic Biryani is ready.
- Courtesy: http://www.activitydeck.com/9-best-chicken-recipes-chicken-biryani-butter-chicken-recipe-more/#ChickenBiryani
|Calories710Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.