Chicken And Vegetable Spring RollsO Meu Tempero
Rice paper wrappers are widely available at grocery stores and Asian food markets, and all they need is a quick soak in hot water to become pliable. After that, they are a cinch to work with to form wontons, egg rolls, shrimp rolls, or these chicken stew roll. The filling is a great way to use up leftover chicken and any vegetables you have on hand. These rolls can be steamed or fried before serving, with the desired sauces.
- 1 rice (pack, wrappers)
- whole roasting chicken (leftovers, leg and breast, shredded and chopped into small pieces)
- 4 leaves cabbage (heart, chopped)
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 fennel bulb (small chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon indian saffron
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- ground pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1In a large frying pan heat a little olive oil.
- 2Add the cumin and saffron and stir.
- 3Add the cabbage, carrot, fennel and season with soy sauce. Cover and cook until tender.
- 4If necessary, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water. Add the chicken and mix well.
- 5Remove from heat, add the coriander and mix well. Set aside.
- 6Soak each rice wrapper for a few seconds in hot water to soften.
- 7Place about two teaspoons of the chicken mixture onto each wrapper. Fold in the sides of the wrapper, then roll up.
- 8Steam or fry the spring rolls in a little oil until crispy.
- 9Serve hot with soy sauce, hot sauce or sweet and sour sauce.