- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast (cubed)
- 2 teaspoons starch (not/, or cornstarch for non-low carb)
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root (grated, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon splenda (or similar sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons canola (corn or peanut oil)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed and peeled)
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 1 cup cashews (whole blanched, toasted)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons green onion (chopped)
|Calories610Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Christian S. 11 Dec 2018
Very good recipe! Had no Hoisin sauce at home and replaced it with sweet and sour sauce and added some more soy sauce and grounded chili, Was delicious and will cook it agein!
David Rutherford 4 Nov 2018
Served with rice and it was delicious
Fady Gergis 7 Oct 2018
It was so bad I will never make it again
Cortez 19 Sep 2018
good recipe. i added oyster sauce for a bit more flavor.
Hi 8 Aug 2018
This stuff is AWESOME! Wife and kids loved it, too. I didn’t have starch and read the recipe wrong - ended up using 2 tablespoons of flour instead of 2 teaspoons of starch. I used ground ginger (instead of fresh grated) and 2 teaspoons of minced garlic (which got left in) instead of a clove of garlic that gets removed. We really liked it, it wasn’t hard to make, and it didn’t take long. This will be a staple in our menu - low carb or not.