These amazingly, delicious vegan tacos are ready in under 30 minutes.
- Tartar Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 package Gardein Chick'n strips
- Shredded cabbage mixed with some chopped cilantro
- Sliced Avocado
- Mango Datil Pepper Jelly (use what ever hot & sweet jelly or sauce you have)
- Flour Tortillas (I used burrito size, it's all I had, but prefer the smaller taco size)
- Tartar Sauce: 3 tablespoons dill relish; 1/2 cup Just Mayo; 1/2 of a large shallot, minced; juice from 1/2 of a lime; a couple of dashes hot sauce; kosher salt to taste; Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook chick'n strips in a non-stick skillet until brown on both sides. While the chick'n is cooking shred, cut, slice, etc (prep) all other ingredients
- Heat the flour tortilla in the microwave for about 12-13 seconds. Place on a flat surface. Add a generous smear of tartar sauce. Top with 3 chick'n strips (or two if using smaller tortillas) Cover with a generous amount of cabbage and cilantro mixture. Add sliced avocado Cover with your hot and sweet jelly (I had homemade Mango Datil Pepper Jelly) If using larger tortillas, roll it up like a burrito to keep all of the yumminess on the inside. If you have small taco sized tortillas, just fold in half. There is no way to get a good picture of this. Enjoy! No good pic here either. I served these with chips and salsa.