If you consider yourself a master in the kitchen and want to create some chocolates that will melt in your mouth and suprise your loved ones with your culinary skills, then you wil want to try these Chewy Chocolate and Orange Delights. The sweet treats combine the decadent milk chocolate with orange and lemon zest and juice for a scrumptous dessert. Feel free to pick between corn flakes, almonds or coconut flakes for the topping.
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolk
- 90 grams ground almonds
- 8 grams honey
- 8 grams corn starch
- 140 grams sugar
- 1 vanilla pods
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 orange
- 2 orange (juiced)
- 100 grams almond paste
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 20 grams grapeseed oil
- 50 grams corn flakes (almonds, or coconut)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, thoroughly whisk the eggs with the ground almonds, honey, cornstarch, 90 grams of the sugar, and the seeds from the vanilla bean. You can also put these ingredients in your stand mixer with the whisk attachment and beat for about 7 to 8 minutes. Add the lemon and orange zest.
- Pour into mini silicone molds such as petit four or tarlet molds. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. They will brown quickly. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on a rack.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the juice of 2 oranges and 50 grams of sugar. Cook for about 30 minutes or until the mixture becomes more syrupy. Add the almond paste and gradually mix it into the syrup. You will eventually obtain a thick paste. Spread this paste on the cookies and place them in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Add the oil and mix.
- Divide the melted chocolate into 2 bowls. In one of them add a little bit of the crushed corn flakes. With a skewer or a dipping fork, pick up the cookies, coat them with plain chocolate and then add a little bit of the chocolate/corn flake mixture on top. Place them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve chilled.