- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (good-quality, 45% cocoa, chopped)
- 10 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 5 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan on low heat. Stir for about 5 mins, until the chocolate and butter have just melted. Remove from the heat. Add the eggs and 1 tsp of the vanilla, stirring to combine. Sift in the cocoa, flour and a pinch of salt, and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for about 10 mins until firm enough to hold its shape when rolled.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 1 tsp vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared pans. Make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your thumb. Fill the center with a dollop of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30 mins until cracked on the outside but soft in the center, swapping the trays around after 15 mins. Cool in pan 10 mins. Remove from pan; completely on wire rack. Store up to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
|Calories180Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.