These little confections are just right for serving at a New Year's Eve party or other holiday celebration. They are made by mixing sugar and water, here in a Thermomix, and then yolks that have been pressed through a fine mesh sieve. This batter is then formed into nut shapes, brushed with an egg wash, and browned under the broiler (watch carefully to avoid burning). Serve warm or at room temperature, in paper candy cups.
- 200 grams sugar
- 40 grams water
- 12 egg yolks
- flour (as needed)
- 1 egg yolks (for brushing)
- Place the sugar and water in the Thermomix cup and program to 30 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
- Remove the membrane from the yolks by pressing through a fine mesh sieve.
- Place the butterfly, set for 35 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 and add the yolks through the nozzle of the cup.
- Pour mixture into a bowl for 12 hours to achieve smooth consistency.
- Preheat the oven grill.
- With floured hands, mold small portions of the dough into the shape of nuts.
- Brush each one with the beaten yolk and place on a baking sheet.
- Brown the nuts in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Place in paper muffin cups and serve,