Chestnuts EggsReceitas Da Felicidade!
These little confections are just right for serving at a New Year's Eve party or other holiday celebration. They are made by mixing sugar and water, here in a Thermomix, and then yolks that have been pressed through a fine mesh sieve. This batter is then formed into nut shapes, brushed with an egg wash, and browned under the broiler (watch carefully to avoid burning). Serve warm or at room temperature, in paper candy cups.
- 200 grams sugar
- 40 grams water
- 12 egg yolks
- flour (as needed)
- 1 egg yolks (for brushing)
- 1Place the sugar and water in the Thermomix cup and program to 30 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
- 2Remove the membrane from the yolks by pressing through a fine mesh sieve.
- 3Place the butterfly, set for 35 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 and add the yolks through the nozzle of the cup.
- 4Pour mixture into a bowl for 12 hours to achieve smooth consistency.
- 5Preheat the oven grill.
- 6With floured hands, mold small portions of the dough into the shape of nuts.
- 7Brush each one with the beaten yolk and place on a baking sheet.
- 8Brown the nuts in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- 9Place in paper muffin cups and serve,