Chestnut-Stuffed Pork RoastPORK
Make the holiday meal special with this stuffed roast.
- 5 lb. pork loin roast (boneless, double tied)
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup shallots (OR onion, finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 15 oz. chestnuts (drained)
- 2 tsp. drippings
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- black pepper
- Untie roast, open and pound lightly to even thickness.
- Cook celery and shallots (or onion) in butter until tender. Combine with ground pork, parsley, brandy and seasonings. Spread over roast. Lay a row of chestnuts down the center of stuffing. Chop remaining chestnuts finely and set aside. Roll meat around chestnuts and tie firmly. Roast in a 350 degree F. oven 1 1/2 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Pour off extra fat; measure 2 tablespoons. Stir flour into the 2 tablespoons fat. Add chicken broth, cook and stir until mixture thickens. Add reserved chopped chestnuts, parsley and brandy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve gravy with roast.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories390Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes