Chestnut Spice Cake with Chocolate GlazeAnanás e Hortelã
Here's a marvelous cake for the holiday season, conjuring images of chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Chestnut flour can be found at gourmet food shops and some natural food stores and Italian markets (or online). Orange and clementine zest impart even more wintry tastes, while honey, brown sugar, and yogurt, boost the moistness quotient. The chocolate ganache that's poured over the top and sets to a glossy sheen is a festive finale.
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 1 orange (zested)
- 1 clementines (zested)
- 3 eggs
- 250 milliliters plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 75 milliliters vegetable oil
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- butter (for greasing pan)
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 125 milliliters milk
- 1Grease a Bundt pan with butter and preheat the oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F.
- 2In a bowl, combine sugar and citrus zest, stirring with fingertips, mixing well until zest releases oils.
- 3Add eggs and stir well until batter is fluffy. Add yogurt, honey and oil and stir well.
- 4Gradually add flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- 5Mix gently. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- 6Cake is done when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven, let cool and remove from pan.
- 7For the chocolate glaze, heat chocolate pieces with milk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 8Pour syrup over cooled cake.