Madeleines are sweet and tasty treats that are best if you have friends or family to share them with. This recipe for Chestnut-Orange-Hazelnut Madeleines takes an hour to prepare and has 10 servings, so feel free to double or triple the recipe for a party. This delicious recipe combines savory and sweet ingredients such as ground hazelnuts and candied orange peels to create a decadent and blissful treat everyone will enjoy.
- 120 grams ricotta
- 5 tablespoons cold milk
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 80 grams chestnut flour
- 70 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 40 grams ground hazelnuts (not too fine)
- 15 grams candied orange peel (chopped)
- 150 grams melted butter
- 100 grams milk chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta and milk, and mix until well incorporated.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar, add the flours, baking powder, ground hazelnuts, orange peel, melted butter, and Ricotta mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Set aside for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 270 degrees Celsius.
- Fill the madeleine tins or cupcake tins to 2/3.
- Bake for 4 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 210 C, and continue baking for 6 minutes until golden.
- Remove the madeleines from the molds.
- Place 3 chocolate chips on each mold.
- Return the madeleine tin to the tuned off oven for 2/3 minutes just until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the oven and place the madeleines back in it so the bottoms get covered with chocolate.
- Let them harden at room temperature before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.