Madeleines are sweet and tasty treats that are best if you have friends or family to share them with. This recipe for Chestnut-Orange-Hazelnut Madeleines takes an hour to prepare and has 10 servings, so feel free to double or triple the recipe for a…
party. This delicious recipe combines savory and sweet ingredients such as ground hazelnuts and candied orange peels to create a decadent and blissful treat everyone will enjoy.
- 120 grams ricotta
- 5 tablespoons cold milk
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 80 grams chestnut flour
- 70 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 40 grams ground hazelnuts (not too fine)
- 15 grams candied orange peel (chopped)
- 150 grams melted butter
- 100 grams milk chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta and milk, and mix until well incorporated.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar, add the flours, baking powder, ground hazelnuts, orange peel, melted butter, and Ricotta mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Set aside for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 270 degrees Celsius.
- Fill the madeleine tins or cupcake tins to 2/3.
- Bake for 4 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 210 C, and continue baking for 6 minutes until golden.
- Remove the madeleines from the molds.
- Place 3 chocolate chips on each mold.
- Return the madeleine tin to the tuned off oven for 2/3 minutes just until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the oven and place the madeleines back in it so the bottoms get covered with chocolate.
- Let them harden at room temperature before serving.
|Calories320Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.