Chestnut BreadL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Have you ever tried Chestnut Bread? It is amazing. You will love this particular recipe for Chestnut Bread. It is packed with flavor and is relatively easy to bake. Let us know about your experience baking this Chestnut Bread in the comments below or rate this recipe for other readers to see. This Chestnut Bread is the perfect mid-day snack for the family or great to pack in your kids lunch boxes.
- 200 grams strong flour
- 250 grams dried chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (bittersweet)
- 15 grams yeast (fresh brewer’s)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon chestnut honey
- 7 grams salt
- 10/13 milliliter warm water
- 1Grind the dried chestnuts finely.
- 2Dilute the yeast with 50 milliliters of warm water and the honey, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 4Bread machine method:
- 5Place all the ingredients in the bowl (first the liquid ingredients, then the dry ingredients, and the salt last) and turn the machine on to the kneading and rising function (1 hour and 30 minutes), leave the dough in the bowl in the machine for an additional hour.
- 7Kneading by hand method:
- 8Preheat the oven to 190C.
- 9Sift the flour with the ground chestnuts and the cocoa in a bowl, make a well in the center.
- 10Place the yeast in the well and sprinkle the flour with 2 pinches of salt.
- 11Begin kneading the dough with the flours, incorporating 130 to 150 milliliters of warm water a little at a time, add the softened butter and continue kneading for 5 minutes.
- 12Shape the dough into a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let it rest in a warm area until it has doubled in volume.
- 13Punch down the dough delicately, and using your hands, roll the dough into many chestnut shaped rolls (each roll weighing approximately 35 grams), coat the base of the rolls in flour, and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 14Cover the rolls with a kitchen towel and let them rise for 50 to 60 minutes.
- 15Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.