- 6 Foster Farms fresh chicken thighs (boneless and skinless, any visible fat removed)
- 3/4 cup merlot
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup dry lentils
- 2 slices rustic white bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 8 sage leaves
- 8 sprigs thyme (sripped)
- 1 rosemary sprig (stripped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups spinach leaves (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon (juiced and lightly zested)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 6 slices prosciutto (very thin)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In medium sized saucepan over medium heat, bring wine, chicken broth and water to boil. Add lentils, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook according to package directions until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Toast bread in toaster until lightly browned. In food processor, pulse garlic until roughly chopped. Add goat cheese, sage leaves, thyme, rosemary, pepper, 2 cups spinach leaves, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice and toasted bread slices. Pulse together to combine. Add cherries and pulse. Set contents aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed or parchment paper. Using a meat mallet, pound chicken to one-inch thickness. Lay slices of prosciutto on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place one pounded chicken thigh on the top of each slice of prosciutto. Place 2 tablespoons of stuffing in the center of each piece of chicken; roll tightly into a neat bundle. Place rolls on a baking sheet, seam-side down. Place in hot oven and bake 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and slice each roll in half diagonally.
- Place remaining spinach on serving platter. Top with lentils and chicken, stuffing side up.
|Calories650Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.