Cherry and Almond CakeAnanás e Hortelã
Almonds, which are actually a fruit and not a true nut, have a real affinity for cherries and other stone fruits, to which they are related. Here, the two come together in a delectable cake that's sweetened with brown sugar and includes yogurt and coconut oil in the batter, for extra moistness and flavor notes. Pitted cherries (fresh or frozen) are layered on top of the batter once its spread in the pan, then sprinkled with sugar before going into the oven. It's as lovely as it is delicious.
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120 milliliters plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 450 grams pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to sprinkle)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease a round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper so that you can pull the cake out without flipping it over.
- 3In a bowl, add the sugar, eggs, yogurt, and melted coconut oil, stirring well with a whisk.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder and ground almonds.
- 5Beat well until smooth.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, spread the cherries on top in a single layer.
- 7Sprinkle with sugar to taste, and bake for about 45 minutes.
- 8Remove from the pan by gently pulling out the parchment paper.
- 9Cool completely before serving.