Cherry Tomato and Manchego Cheese FocacciaLa Cocina de Babel
Focaccia is a traditional Italian oven-baked flatbread. It can be topped with fresh herbs or other ingredients for more adventurous eaters. This homemade focaccia is topped with fresh vine-ripened tomatoes and thinly sliced Spanish Manchego cheese in addition to a variety of fresh herbs for extra flavor. With a bake time of just 15 minutes, you will have two beautiful focaccia loaves in just one hour. The Manchego cheese can easily be substituted for another cheese of your choosing.
- 275 milliliters water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 475 grams bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast (instant)
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh thyme
- manchego cheese (sliced very thinly)
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1In a stand mixer, add the ingredients in this order: water, olive oil, salt, bread flour, sugar, and yeast. Add the bread attachment and start the kneading process.
- 2In the meantime, line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 3Once the dough has come together, pour it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand a few times to make a ball. Cut the ball in half.
- 4Roll each half out to make a rectangle or oval shape. The dough should be about a finger’s width thick. Along the length of the oval, press your fingertips in to make depressions and transfer the oval onto the baking tray.
- 5Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 6Using quantities that you prefer, sprinkle on top of the focaccia the whole cherry tomatoes, fresh thyme, Manchego cheese slices, salt, and pepper, and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- 7Let the dough rest 10 minutes.
- 8Bake 15 minutes until golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1200Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.