Cherry Tomato and Almond CrumbleL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Turning the notion of crumbles being sweet on end, this savory number showcases juicy cherry tomatoes and almonds, topping them with breadcrumbs with a crunchy mint and oregano-stippled blend of almond flour and Parmesan cheese. After 40 minutes in the oven and a quick turn under the broiler, the company-worthy side dish is sure to elicit "oohs" and "ahhs." Feel free to customize the ingredients to make it your own.
- cherry tomatoes
- bread crumbs
- almond flour
- grated parmesan cheese
- mint leaves
- salt and ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C.
- 2Wash the tomatoes, dry them well and cut them in half.
- 3Place them in a baking dish lined with wax paper, cut side up.
- 4In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the almond flour, parmesan cheese, oregano, chopped mint leaves, salt, and a pinch of pepper to taste.
- 5Mix the ingredients together, adding oil and combining until the mixture is of a crumb-like consistency.
- 6Add the mixture to the tomatoes and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- 7Place the pan under a broiler for 10 to 15 minutes, until the surface is golden and crunchy.
- 8Remove the pan from the oven and serve.