Cherry Sponge Cake with CinnamonLA COCINERA CON PRISA
If you have a tea party or book club meeting coming up and you are in charge of the dessert, then give this Cherry Sponge Cake with Cinnamon a try. It is savory, sweet, and moist. It takes 65 minutes to prepare and is only 220 calories per serving. This recipe combines a super sponge cake with cherries and savory cinnamon. The ladies will beg you to share your recipe for this wonderful cake.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar (plus 1 tbsp.)
- 90 grams butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cherries (washed with pits removed)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and grease a medium-sized baking pan.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the butter until fluffy, and add the sugar slowly until creamy.
- Add the eggs, beat for a few more minutes, and then add the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Beat for a few more minutes.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Divide each cherry into four pieces, and place on top of the batter, cut side down. Sprinkle the lime juice onto the cherries and sprinkle with the tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, and then remove from pan.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories220Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes