If you need a perfect crowd-pleasing cookie recipe for a holiday party or celebration, then try this Cherry Spirals recipe. There are 24 servings in this recipe that takes an hour to prepare. Ingredients for these sweet sensations include softened unsalted butter, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt, cherry extract, and red food coloring. Consider doubling the recipe for these delightful crunchy confections because they will go fast.
- 170 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry extract
- red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius
- Cream together the butter and the sugar. When fluffy, add the egg yolk and vanilla. Beat together until creamy and smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture little by little and beat to mix.
- Divide the dough into two perfectly equal portions, using a scale.
- Add food coloring to one of the sections of dough. Add just 5 drops at a time until it is of the desired color.
- Roll each section of dough into a rectangle 5 millimeters thick. Both rectangles must be of the same size. Place the red dough on top of the other and roll up lengthwise into a cylinder.
- Refrigerate the roll for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Cut the roll into sections 5 millimeters thick while it is still cold. Place the cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for approximately 14 minutes, until lightly golden on the bottom. Cool completely and store in a sealed container.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.