- 3/4 sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 15 1/4 ounces Bartlett pears in heavy syrup (well drained, finely chopped and patted dry*)
- 1/3 cup almonds (sliced)
- 6 ounces cocktail cherries (well drained and patted dry, or 24)
- almonds (sliced, for garnish, optional)
- In mixing bowl, stir together 3/4 cup sugar, butter, egg and almond extract. Stir in flour until well-combined. Fold pears and 1/3 cup almonds into batter. Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each of 24 paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar. Place a maraschino cherry on top of each. Bake at 375 degree F for 25 to 27 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Garnish with a sliced almond, if desired.
- Makes 24 servings.
- *Use paper towels to pat excess moisture from pears and cherries.