- 5 1/2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 1/3 cups carrots (chopped, about 3)
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped, 1 small)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups russet potatoes (peeled and cubed, cut 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick, 2 large)
- 3 cups broccoli florets (chopped, from about 2 heads)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 3 cups milk (preferably 1% or 2%)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (finely, 1 oz)
|Calories590Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Linda OConnell 24 days ago
it was absolutely delicious i had frozen broccoli and spinach.
Krystal H. 9 Jan
Way to much flour, and very bland. I could literally taste the flour. Plus after being in the fridge I had ro add water it was so thick. I ended up adding Mrs Dash to add flavor to it other than flour. My husband asked me after 2 bites if I made something else. I will not make this again.
Jennifer G. 10 Dec 2018
I was sure hoping this would be as good as I thought it would be. I am not making it again.
Louise P. 28 Oct 2018
Real comfort food, I will keep this recipe for future use!
Crystal 25 Jul 2018
It is delicious!! My entire family eats up. Definitely a go to soup for me!!!
Rachel 7 Jun 2018
It was delicious. My son and I felt it was the best we had ever eaten.
Lindsay 11 Nov 2017
Turned out delicious- funny that celery is first in and still crunchiest veggie!