Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Butter CrescentKitchenAid
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 eggs
- 3 tablespoons softened butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons garlic puree (roasted)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (flaked)
- 1Combine milk and water in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high until thermometer registers 110°F (about 30 seconds to1 minute). Add yeast and stir until dissolved.
- 2Add flour, sugar, kosher salt, egg and yeast mixture to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Dough Hook to Mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and mix 1 minute or until well blended. Stop Mixer and add 2 tablespoons softened butter. Turn to Speed 2 and knead 3 to 4 minutes or until dough is smooth and soft. Place dough in large, lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in warm place 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon softened butter and garlic puree in small bowl.
- 4Punch down dough and form into ball. Roll out on lightly floured surfaceto 16-inch circle.Spread with garlic butter mixture and top with cheese.
- 5Cut out 16 triangles using pizza cutter. Roll up each triangle from wide edge to create crescent shape. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand in warm place 20 minutes.
- 6Brush crescents with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack before serving.