Cheesy Skillet Hashbrown NestsKITCHENAID
Uses KitchenAid® 13 Cup Food Processor.
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese (6-8 oz)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 large eggs
- green onions (diced, for finishing)
- Special Equipment: KitchenAid® 13-cup food processor with shredding disc; 2 clean kitchen towels; sheet pan; large skillet; spatula
- Peel the potatoes and slice lengthwise into 3 pieces. Insert the shredding disc into the KitchenAid® 13 cup food processor. Secure the lid and turn to low speed. Feed the potato slices through the feed tube and use the food pusher to push the potatoes through the shredder. Turn off the machine, discard any large pieces of potato from the top of the blade, and pour the shredded potatoes into a colander. Rinse the potatoes under cold water until the water runs clear, then lay the potatoes onto a sheet tray lined with a clean kitchen towel. Pat dry as much liquid as possible, then allow the shredded potatoes to rest on the sheet tray covered with a clean towel for at least 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are resting, wipe out the work bowl and return it to the processor base. Insert the shredding disc, secure the lid, and turn the processor to low speed. Feed the cheddar cheese through the feed tube and use the food pusher to push the cheese through the shredder. Turn off the machine, pour the shredded cheese into a bowl, and set aside.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories630Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes