- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 1 celery (chopped)
- 1 onions (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 4 1/2 ounces potatoes (Julienne)
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup ham (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In a large saucepan combine water, carrot, celery, onion, and dry potatoes from mix. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in milk and packet of sauce mix. Stir well and return to boil. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Stir in ham and lemon juice; heat through.
- If desired, garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese, snipped parsley or cilantro.