- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (apple juice, or water)
- 8 burger buns (soft potato, split horizontally)
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese (extra-)
- 24 bread and butter pickles
- 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes (1 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions (small, sliced)
- 8 slices bacon (thick-cut)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- To make the Cajun Pulled Pork: In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and celery seed. Rub the mixture over all sides of the meat, pressing it to adhere. Transfer the meat to a slow cooker and add any of the spice mix that didn’t adhere. Add the broth, cover, and cook until the pork is very tender, 6 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Meanwhile, make the Sriracha Yogurt: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and Sriracha. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- About 1 3/4 hours before the pork is done, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.