- 1 pound elbow macaroni (I like to use whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked if you have it)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated, divided)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped, for garnish)
|Calories1180Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Brittany B. 4 months ago
Pretty good! My cheese-picky child approved, though I had to make sure the cheese in the meat was well mixed/hidden and I also left half of the top without cheese. He ate it and loved it. The original recipe looked a little bland to me... I took anothers advice and added a couple shakes of red pepper flakes. I also cook all my ground beef with a 1/4 - 1/2 lb (per 1 lb of ground beef) of jimmy deans sausage (in the roll) and I think that added some flavor. I only had diced toms., but i just threw them in my blender for a few seconds and crush them up more. Still turned out great and we would make again!
Meghan P. 4 months ago
Not bad :) I swapped out the macaroni for three cheese tortillini. Yum!
Cowie 5 months ago
very good. the recipe calls for paprika but doesnt tell you when to add it so i added a bit into the sauce. used italian breadcrumbs which had more seasoning and flavour than panko. also would use a 3 cheese tortellini instead of macaroni next time.
Bill S. 81 9 months ago
We loved it. I added some pepper flakes. A little heat made it for us.