- 16 ounces kielbasa sausage
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions (optional, but add lots of flavor)
- 4 large potatoes (pared and cut in chunks*)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
|Calories850Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Joan 5 Oct 2017
Excellent!!! changed up a couple of things. Used cream of mushroom soup and did not have enough shredded cheese so I topped it off with par meson from the shaker jar! Very good A bit of garlic salt on top made it very Yummy.
Laura Stolz 30 Apr 2017
I quite enjoyed this recipe. I modified it according to my ingredients that I had on hand, but the basic recipe by the original author was followed and very tasty. All respect to the creator; my modifications are simply for my taste: (a) I agree the carmalized onions made a flavorful difference . I do not like onions much, but they did add a lot of flavor; (b) Instead of sliced, whole potatoes, I used frozen hash browns I needed to use up. I used about 4 cups (frozen); (c) I seared the sliced sausage in the same pan I carmalized the onions in, just for some color; (d) I drained the grease from the fry pan I did the onions and sausage in, but kept the "knracklin's" and mixed the cheese soup, milk, cheese, onions, pepper, and potatoes on very low heat until consistent. Then put it in a greased pan (I used Pam in a glass casserole dish). I baked uncovered at 350 for about 40 mins, then covered with remaining cheese until bubbly (about 15 mins). It turned out pretty darn good!