- 4 large flour tortillas (each cut into 8 wedges)
- 3 1/2 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 5 cups red kidney beans (canned, rinsed, drained)
- 2 red peppers (deseeded, chopped)
- 2 limes (1 zested and juiced, 1 cut into segments)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat broiler. Arrange tortillas in a single layer over 2 baking trays. Sprinkle with cheese and season. Broil for 2-3 mins, until cheese melts and tortillas are crisp.
- Combine beans, peppers, lime zest, lime juice, lime segments and olive oil. Season.
- Layer tortillas and bean salad on serving plates. Serve immediately.