- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter (unsalted cold, diced into 1/2” squares)
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 ounces shredded sharp cheddar (freshly)
- 3 ounces smoked gouda (freshly shredded)
- 3 tablespoons cooked bacon (diced)
- 2 jalapeños (diced, seeded, and veins removed)
- Pull the cream cheese out of the KitchenAid® Multi-Door Refrigerator and set it out to soften.
- Using a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, mix together the flour, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and mix until it resembles a coarse meal. Add the water and mix until the dough starts to stick together.
- Gather the dough and drop onto a work surface. Divide the dough in two. Shape each portion into a disc, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for one hour.
- While keeping the other disc in the refrigerator, roll out one disc to a 14″ x 12″ rectangle. Use a KitchenAid® Chef Knife to trim the edges and make a straight 12″ x 10″ rectangle. Then cut into six 4″ x 5″ rectangles. Using the other dough disc, repeat these steps, and set aside the rectangles. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the six rectangles from the work surface to the baking sheet.
- Using a Stand Mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, mix together the filling ingredients. Depending on your heat tolerance, use one or two jalapeños.
- Brush the six rectangles with egg wash, and spoon about 2 tablespoons of the filling onto each rectangle. Top each with another rectangle. Seal the edges with a fork. Brush the tops with egg wash, and poke about five to six holes in each pop tart. Place in the freezer for at least two hours. If you will be baking days later, cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap before freezing.
- Preheat the KitchenAid® Combination Wall Oven to 375° F. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the pop tarts are golden brown. Plate and serve them plain or garnish with baked jalapeño slices.
|Calories540Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.