Become a hero with your kids when you serve this creamy combination of cheese, ham and macaroni. Better yet, invite your kids to help you make it. Serve with apple slices.
- 1 3/4 ounces white sauce mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup American cheese (cubed)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni (cooked according to directions, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups ham (cubed)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Thaw the frozen peas. In a large saucepan stir together white sauce mix and milk.* Following package directions, cook until thickened. Stir in cheese and pepper. Add macaroni, ham and peas and cook, stirring until heated through. Serve hot.
- *If you want to make a white sauce from scratch, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Stir in 1/4 cup flour and cook until mixture bubbles. Stir in 2 cups milk and cook, stirring until thickened.