- 1 1/2 cups ham (cubed, fully cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 brioche buns (OR rich dinner rolls)
- In a medium skillet melt butter, add green pepper and saute 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook over medium heat till tender. Remove mushrooms and green pepper, reserving drippings in skillet. Add flour, dry mustard, and pepper to pan drippings, stirring until smooth. Slowly stir in milk; cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and add cheese, stirring until smooth. Gently stir in ham, mushrooms and green pepper; heat through.
- Cut tops from brioche. Spoon ham mixture over brioche; replace tops.
- Serves 4.