- 1/3 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Orange (or red, pepperpepper, finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 dashes hot sauce (your favorite)
- 3 dashes red pepper flakes (if desired)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken breast (or extra lean gound turkey breast)
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup colby jack cheese (reduced fat)
|Calories260Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Reinaldo A. 23 Aug 2018
This was amazing, the kids loved it!
Lisa Rowland 18 Mar 2018
This was very good. A great way to use quinoa for sure!
Kathlene D. 18 Aug 2017
We are a family of 5 - 4 boys and me;) always trying to get these guys to eat healthy and I gotta say, we have more thumbs down than thumbs up. This worked! First recipe I could hide the quinoa, as they have it set in their minds, they don't like quinoa. And it was tasty - my guys needed to add a little more salsa, but these are yum! I really enjoyed them and it's great because you can make extra and keep in the fridge for leftovers, which a family with 4 boys needs! Thank you!!
Chris T. 12 Jul 2017
These were really good!! I adjusted them up in temp as I have fresh garden that produces a ton of really good peppers. My wife is a bit picky and she worded the leftovers for work the next day. I reduced the onion to half (I freeze chopped onion so I can add a little here and there) and added a minced jumbo jalapeño. Because this added more liquid to the mix, I dumped the hot sauce and added more pepper flakes. I also substituted medium salsa for the enchilada sauce. This gave it a firmer consistency and more texture. I'm going to double the recipe and make them again as they are even better the next day!
Kimberly 12 Jul 2017
Took out any sauces and hot spices. That aside, they turned out pretty good. I'd make them again, maybe with honey garlic sauce next time!