- 3/4 cup butter (plus extra for greasing pan)
- 8 ounces graham cracker crumbs
- 6 medium eggs (separated)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 pounds mascarpone
- 1 pound low fat cottage cheese
- 4 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 7 ounces strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Grease a 10 inch springform cake pan. Melt 3/4 cup of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Spoon the graham cracker mixture into the base of the cake pan. Press the mixture down firmly with the back of a spoon, working the crust up the sides of the pan. Chill for 1 hour.
- Melt the remaining butter and allow to cool. Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of the sugar until thick and creamy. Add 1 lb of the mascarpone, the cottage cheese, melted butter, 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, and the lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, add a pinch of salt and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of the sugar. Stir into the egg yolk mix. Spoon into the cake pan, level the surface and bake on the bottom rack for 35 mins.
- Remove from the oven and run a knife around the top edge of the cheesecake. Allow to rest for 10 mins. Bake for another 20-25 mins. If the cheesecake is rising too high, cover with foil. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Mix 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice with the strawberries. Puree one quarter of the strawberries.
- Whisk together the remaining mascarpone, remaining sugar, remaining lemon juice and the vanilla extract. Whip the cream until soft peaks form and fold into the mascarpone mixture. Stir in the strawberry puree.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and top with the mascarpone mixture. Top with strawberries. Chill until ready to serve.
|Calories410Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.