This beautiful cheesecake is sure to elicit oohs and aahs from all your guests, and it's the perfect way to end a spring or summer dinner party, or whenever fresh strawberries are at their peak in your neck of the woods. Making the decorative flourish is easier than it may seem: Just drizzle or better yet pipe the strawberry puree in lines across the top, in regular intervals, then drag a skewer or the tip of a butter knife in alternating directions through the lines. .
- 1 package butter cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 packages sour cream
- 1 package cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 gelatin (packets)
- 16 strawberries (large)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Mince butter cookies and mix with melted butter. Line the bottom of a pyrex pan with the mixture. Refrigerate while preparing the cream.
- Soak the gelatin.
- Beat the cheese cream with sugar until fluffy.
- Whip the sour cream and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Drain the gelatin and melt in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Whisk the cream with the gelatin, beating constantly.
- Spread this on top of the cookie crust.
- Rinse and slice the strawberries. Put them in a small pan, add the sugar and balsamic vinegar, and heat.
- Reduce the heat, stirring from time to time so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Let cool. Just before serving, pour over top of the cheesecake.
|Calories420Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.