- 7 ounces cream cheese
- 3 medium eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (+ 1 tsp)
- 12 ounces sour cherries (in syrup, drained)
- 1/2 ounce flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Beat the cream cheese for 1-2 mins, then add the egg yolks, milk, yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of sugar and mix well. Sift the flour with 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Grease an 8 inch springform cake pan and line with foil, ensuring that the foil is higher than the edge of the cake pan, folding over the foil so that it is double thickness at the top. Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt, then slowly whisk in the remaining sugar. Fold the egg whites into the cream cheese, and transfer the mixture to the cake tin. Bake for 50-60 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for about an hour, then transfer to the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the cherry juice into a pan and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons of cherry juice with a teaspoon of cornstarch until it is smooth, then add to the hot juice, stirring briskly. Add the cherries and simmer for 1-2 mins, then allow to cool.
- Dry fry the almonds in a pan until they are lightly toasted, then set aside to cool. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and put on a large plate. Drizzle over the cherry compote, sprinkle on the almonds and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.