Individual, cocoa-spiked brownie bites with a cream cheese center bake in muffin tins, making way for a decadent, rich treat that's easily eaten on the go, packed in a lunch or enjoyed as a post-dinner reward. You'll need a piping bag for the filling, or you can use a regular resealable bag and snip the tip for the same effect. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- 2 whole eggs
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 5 grams baking powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams turbinado sugar
- 100 grams butter (melted)
- 135 grams flour
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl, beat together the two whole eggs, cocoa powder, baking powder, coffee, vanilla, turbinado sugar, butter, 120 grams of flour, and a pinch of salt until smooth. If mixture appears too thick, add a little milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cheese with the egg yolk, granulated sugar, and remaining flour.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. Place a teaspoon of brownie dough in each liner. Use a piping bag and add a little of the cheesecake mix. Finish with another teaspoon of brownie dough. Fill each liner only 3/4 full.
- To create a marbled effect, make large circles in the dough using the point of a knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check with a knife or toothpick to ensure thoroughly cooked.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories830Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.