If ever there was a classic trio in the culinary realm, it would have to be cheese, walnuts, and honey. There's just something about the classic play of textures and tastes that works magic, whether in salads (think blue cheese here and with beets tossed into the mix) or on a cheese board (since practically any type of cheese will do). Here, cream cheese is mixed with honey and chopped walnuts and used as the filling for golden brown puffs.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (rectangular is best)
- 1 package cream cheese (seasoned with herbs, Philadelphia brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the dough on a work surface and spread with about 2/3 of the package of cream cheese.
- Drizzle the cheese with honey and sprinkle with large walnut pieces.
- Roll up from the longer side and seal the dough with a bit of cold water.
- Cut into 1 inch slices and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Do not be concerned if the cheese runs while baking. This is normal.