Cheese puffs and HamMarmita
Even though the recipe calls for phyllo dough, you are encouraged to use your own shortcrust dough is you prefer, or happen to have some tucked away in your freezer. The dough is brushed with Dijon and layered with mozzarella and ham, leaving a border all around, then rolled up into a log and sliced crosswise with a sharp knife (you may have to reshape them afterwards). Brush the slices with beaten egg and sprinkle with either poppy or sesame seeds before baking.
- 1 package phyllo dough
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 1 eggs
- dijon mustard (to taste, Oregano, to taste)
- poppy seeds (to taste)
- 1Lay out dough and brush with Dijon mustard to taste.
- 2Top with the slices of cheese and ham, taking care not to get too close to the edge of the dough.
- 3Sprinkle with oregano and roll into a log. Wet the edges with a little water to seal.
- 4Cut into slices, about the width of a finger.
- 5Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the slices facing up (as shown in the picture).
- 6Beat an egg and brush all slices. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds to taste.
- 7Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until golden.