An easy snack, quick lunch, or accompaniment to dinner these cheese and ham croissants feature flaky pastry and a warm melty filling. Make your puff pastry or buy it premade, it will not impact the tastiness of these croissants.
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- cheese slices (Edam)
- ham slices
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a tray with a silicone mat or baking paper, and set aside.
- Extend the dough. With a pizza cutter or a knife cut the dough in half, then in half again, and so on until the circle is divided into 16 equal parts.
- Cut the slices of cheese and ham into thin strips.
- Place a slice of cheese, and a slice of ham, on top of each piece of the dough.
- Roll each piece of dough into croissant shaped form, from the widest to the narrowest part, and place on the tray.
- Brush with egg yolk, and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.