A hearty roll to start the dinner party requires about 65 minutes to prepare. This recipe for Cheese and Garlic Bread Rolls is savory and hearty. Ingredients include melted butter, garlic powder, baker’s yeast, warm water, sugar, olive oil, wheat fl…
ur, salt, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. The family will beg to have these tasty rolls for every special occasion, party, or Sunday dinner.
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons baker's yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cheeses (mozzarella, cut in cubes)
- parmesan cheese
- Mix yeast and water, let stand for a few minutes.
- Add sugar, garlic, melted butter, and olive oil.
- Add the flour gradually and mix in the food processor with the dough hook.
- Add salt, and knead for about 5 minutes in processor, or by hand. Let the dough rise in a greased bowl covered with a damp cloth for about half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Divide the dough into small balls or the size you want.
- Place a piece of mozzarella cheese in the middle of the ball. Tighten the dough around the cheese.
- Put the balls on a baking pan, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 11 to 15 minutes, or until golden and the cheese bubbles.
- Melt some more butter, add a pinch of garlic powder.
- Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and garlic powder.
- Serve hot.
|Calories1020Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.