Cheese and Cream CakeL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Made using all-purpose and corn flours, this easy cake batter is flavored with lemon juice for brightness. Whipped egg whites that are gently folded into the mix keep the cake light. Meanwhile, whipped cream and ricotta is thickened with unflavored gelatin for a memorably creamy filling that goes between the layers of baked cake. Allow time to refrigerate the assembled dessert overnight. Then, sprinkle it with powdered sugar before serving.
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 100 grams corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 lemon
- 600 grams heavy cream
- 8 gelatin (sheets)
- hot water
- 600 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a bowl, beat the egg with half of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3In another bowl, add the flours, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix well and gently add to the egg mixture, a spoonful at a time.
- 4Whisk the egg whites with a few drops of lemon juice until stiff. Gently fold into the mixture.
- 5Grease and flour a 26-centimeter round springform baking pan add the batter.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick.
- 7Allow to cool completely and cut into two round halves.
- 8Whip the cream until thick.
- 9Dissolve the gelatin in hot water for 10 minutes.
- 10Mix the cheese with the remaining sugar and lemon juice, and add the gelatin.
- 11Add the whipped cream and mix well.
- 12In a parchment paper-lined springform pan, place one half of the cake to form the base.
- 13Add the filling and spread until completely level.
- 14Top with the other half of cake.
- 15Allow to cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- 16When ready to serve, remove outer ring of baking pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1430Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.