Cheese and Bacon StrudelL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Proving it's easy to make ricotta at home, this recipe starts with hot milk and yogurt, to which rennet is added. Left to curdle for an hour, the curds are lifted out and drained. The resulting cheese keeps in the refrigerator for a few days. Consider spreading it on toasted crostini; top it with toasted pistachios, drizzles of balsamic vinegar and honey and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- 1 rolls (ready-made puff pastry)
- pancetta (rolled)
- mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 2Roll out the pastry, cover with pancetta and mozzarella.
- 3Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4Roll up the pastry as in a strudel and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 5Brush with milk and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.