Just another cheese delivery system xD
- 30 ounces corn kernels
- 2 cans yellow cornmeal
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 salt (Tspn)
- 1 baking powder (Tspn)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- jalapeno chilies (Sliced Pickled)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- corn husks
- Soak the corn husks in warm water for at least 30 minutes before using them.
- To make the dough: Place the corn kernels and ¼ cup of vegetable broth in a food processor and blend until you have a puree. Then add in the salt, baking powder, coconut oil and yellow cornmeal, blend again until everything is well incorporated in a soft and very moist dough.
- Drain the corn husks really well before using them.
- To make the tamales: Grab a corn husk and top with about two tablespoons of the dough, spread it on an even layer, then right in the center of the husk add in some cheese (cheese should be cut into thin strips) and also add in some jalapeño slices, bring the sides of the husk towards the center to cover the cheese filling, and then fold the end of the husk towards the center to finish the tamale. Keep on repeating these steps until you are done.
- Add plenty of water to your steamer. Place the tamales in the steamer, cover them and cook on medium heat for about 65-80 minutes or until cooked. You might need to add more water to your steamer so keep an eye on it. You will know the tamales are done, when the dough is cooked and it no longer sticks to the husk.
- For more info and tips on this recipe please check the tutorial video i made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g32qgb2FI04