- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (Grated)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (Chopped)
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves (boneless and skinless, 4 to 5 ounces each)
- 8 pastry (shts phyllo dough)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (Melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cheeses, softened butter, parsley, tarragon, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl. Beat and mash the ingredients together until they form a stiff paste... your fingers or a big wooden spoon are the best tools for this job. Divide the mixture into 4 finger-shaped logs, each about 3-inches long. Set aside. Flatten each chicken breast by placing it between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, and pounding with a mallet or rolling pin until roughly 1/4" thick and 5 or 6" across. Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Place a cheese log in the center of each breast, then roll and fold the chicken around the cheese to enclose it completely.
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough on your work surface. Top with a second sheet, and brush lightly with melted butter. Set a chicken in the center of one of the narrower ends, then roll it up in the phyllo, tucking the ends of the dough under to enclose the chicken, and make a neat package. Form the remaining packages the same way. Place them, folds down in a 13x9-inch baking dish, and brush with remaining melted butter. Bake about 40 minutes, or until sizzling and well browned.
|Calories440Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.