Cheese Fondue with Homemade BreadKooking
You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Cheese Fondue with Homemade Bread. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 150 grams gruyere cheese
- 150 grams gouda
- 50 grams cheese (Morbiers)
- 50 grams roquefort cheese
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 jigger brandy
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 garlic cloves
- lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 350 grams flour (sifted)
- 150 grams all-purpose flour
- 320 meters warm water
- ham (diced)
- black olives (chopped)
- nuts (chopped)
- sausages (cooked frankfurt, sliced)
- apple slices
- 1A few hours before preparing the fondue, prepare the bread.
- 2Mix premixed flour and all purpose flour and add 300 ml water.
- 3Knead well.
- 4If the mixture is too dry, add a little more water.
- 5Mix thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
- 6Roll dough into a ball, cover with a cotton cloth and let rise for 1 hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 8Divide the dough into three portions.
- 9Roll out portions of dough and sprinkle one with ham, one with black olives and one with nuts.
- 10Shape each piece into a breadstick (long French bread type) and place on a baking tray.
- 11Let rise for at least 30 minutes.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 13Cool on rack. For the fondue, grate the cheeses.
- 14Rub the fondue pan with cut side of garlic clove and place on stovetop burner.
- 15Add cheeses, except Roquefort, and a few drops of lemon juice.
- 16Heat mixture over medium heat.
- 17Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, add half of white wine.
- 18Dissolve cornstarch in remaining wine and stir into cheese mixture.
- 19Continue stirring.
- 20Tip: Cornstarch helps the cheese remain creamy and spread evenly on the bread.
- 21When the mixture becomes creamy, add brandy and let the alcohol evaporate.
- 22Season with nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper.
- 23To serve, arrange bread in small pieces on a serving platter and serve frankfurter sausages and apple slices on another serving platter.