Bruschetta is a sweet and savory appetizer that is a wonderful way to start any meal. This recipe for Cheese Bruschetta and Caramelized Onions is hearty and healthy. The aromatic herbs pair perfectly with the rich bread, onions and savory cheese. This is a quick and easy recipe that should be served immediately, so plan accordingly. Whether you make if for a few or an entire crowd, this bountiful bread will be the talk of the evening.
- 1 whole wheat baguette
- 2 teaspoons caramelized onions
- 4 cheese slices (processed low fat)
- 1 tomatoes (ripe, sliced)
- ground oregano
- 2 stalks chives
- Cut baguette in half.
- Using a hot air fryer, place the halves in Actifry, without the spatula, facing down.
- Set time for 1 minute. Remove and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of caramelized onion.
- Cover with cheese slices and place the tomato slices on top.
- Carefully place in the Actifry.
- Set timer for 4 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with oregano and chives.
- Serve immediately.