Cheese Bread and Olive- Oregano SpreadHoje para Jantar
If you have been searching through endless recipes for a decadent appetizer, then you can finally stop looking. This recipe for Cheese Bread and Olive-Oregano Spread is rich, hearty and delicious. The bread is rich and packed with flavor. The spread is so aromatic and savory, you will wonder if you are putting it on the bread, or if the bread is on the spread. Either way, you are guaranteed a palate pleasing experience.
- bread dough
- 500 grams flour (more for dusting)
- 300 milliliters warm water
- 11 grams bakers yeast (or 15 gr. fresh yeast)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 150 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- 150 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 1 parsley sprigs
- 2 teaspoons olive tapenade (made with crushed olive pulp, oregano, virgin olive oil, garlic and red wine vinegar)
- sesame seeds
- 1Place flour in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Make a well in the center and add half of the water, yeast, sugar and salt.
- 3Combine by hand or with a fork.
- 4Keep kneading the flour from the outside in until dough is sticky.
- 5Add remaining water and keep stirring.
- 6Dust hands with flour, if needed.
- 7Knead, pull and fold the dough, repeat steps until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 8Dust dough surface with flour, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in volumes.
- 9Knead and punch the dough to remove air bubbles, for about 30 seconds.
- 10On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough with a rolling pin, forming a rectangle.
- 11Spread olive spread in an even layer and top with cheese and parsley.
- 12Roll dough lengthwise and cut into slices, each about 2 cm (approximately 3/4 inches) thick.
- 13Place the slices side by side in a cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- 14Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 15Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 40 minutes.