Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Cheese Biscuits is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 50 grams cream cheese (room temperature)
- 50 grams butter (room temperature)
- 150 grams whole wheat flour
- 150 grams grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ground pepper
- 1 handful walnuts (or hazelnuts)
- With a hand mixer, mix cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add flour and cornstarch and mix well.
- Add freshly ground pepper and a handful of chopped nuts (or any dried fruit, as desired).
- Shape dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven (top and bottom) to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- Place dough between two sheets of wax paper.
- With a rolling pin, roll out to a thickness of about 3-4 mm (approximately 1/8 inch).
- Cut desired shapes with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. After removing from oven, sprinkle lightly with salt.