Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Cheese Biscuits is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 50 grams cream cheese (room temperature)
- 50 grams butter (room temperature)
- 150 grams whole wheat flour
- 150 grams grating cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ground pepper
- 1 handful walnuts (or hazelnuts)
- 1With a hand mixer, mix cheese and butter until smooth.
- 2Add flour and cornstarch and mix well.
- 3Add freshly ground pepper and a handful of chopped nuts (or any dried fruit, as desired).
- 4Shape dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven (top and bottom) to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- 6Place dough between two sheets of wax paper.
- 7With a rolling pin, roll out to a thickness of about 3-4 mm (approximately 1/8 inch).
- 8Cut desired shapes with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. After removing from oven, sprinkle lightly with salt.