Each of these pizza balls contains a surprise inside: a filling made with cheese and bacon. The dough is your basic pizza dough made with olive oil and yeast, and it needs rise so plan ahead. Once it is doubled in volume, you can punch it down, divide into equal portions, and flatten into rounds before laying on the fillings and wrapping up to enclose. These are best served hot from the oven.
- 200 grams flour (type 65)
- 100 grams warm water
- 25 grams olive oil
- 1 baker's yeast (sachet of dry, 4.6 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams Azorean cheese (grated)
- 100 grams bacon strips
- 1 egg yolk
- poppy seed
- sesame seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- Place the flour in a large bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Open a hole in the middle and add the yeast.
- Pour the water and oil and mix well to dissolve the yeast.
- Knead a little until the dough doesn't stick to the hands.
- Cover the bowl with film or a large cloth and let it leaven in a dry and warm place, until it doubles in volume.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour and knead a few minutes.
- Divide into small equal balls.
- Flatten as if for mini pizzas.
- Place in each one, a tablespoon of cheese and bacon on top.
- With the edge of the dough and form a ball.
- Leave the dough a few more minutes, place on the board put in the oven, line with parchment paper.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle to taste with seeds.
- Bring to a preheated oven at 350 degrees, about 15-20 minutes.
- For the pizzas, set the oven at 420º and let it cook for longer.