Cheeky Sausage PattiesAnanás e Hortelã
Sardines make a wonderful (and affordable) flavor base for creating a fish "pate" that can be spread on toasts or crackers at a party. Here the sardines are first mashed with a fork and then mixed with chopped onion, plain yogurt, a tiny bit of lemon juice and mustard, and salt to taste to form a creamy spread. Chill until ready to serve; this is a great make-ahead option for entertaining.
- 3 baking potatoes (medium)
- 1 alheira sausage (traditional, or similar)
- onions (to taste)
- chopped parsley (to taste)
- 1 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Salt the potatoes and bake, unpeeled.
- 2Grill the sausage. Peel the potatoes and mash in a bowl.
- 3Peel the sausage and add to the mashed potatoes.
- 4Add onion and parsley.
- 5Add the egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix and knead until well combined.
- 6Heat some olive oil in a skillet.
- 7Use two spoons to shape patties and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- 8Place on paper towels to drain.
- 9Serve warm.