- 2 tablespoons butter (plus extra for the dish)
- 1 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (medium, minced)
- 4 cups corn kernels (fresh or thawed, 6 large ears)
- 2/3 cup milk (I use half plant milk and half dairy milk or half and half)
- 1/2 mild cheddar
- 2 cups soft cheese
- 1/2 fontina
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 3 eggs
- paprika (optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nancy Brodhagen 14 Apr 2016
Excellent, my guests asked for the recipe. Didn't change a thing, will definitely make again. Yummy
Lori E. 3 Sep 2015
I changed things up a bit. Since I had 5 leftover egg yolks, I used them -- plus one whole egg. I also used creme instead of milk. Then, I used a combination of green onions and some sweet onions -- no chives. I also used a very sharp cheddar. Amazingly wonderful. Husband has been begging to have it again.
Laura Q. 25 Aug 2015
While I chose to you a rectangle pan rather than a pie dish...I LOVED this recipe. I also was able to finish off a few cheeses in the recipe but did use the recommended cheeses as the majority.
Rachel R. 24 Aug 2015
I added about 1/4 cup of chopped roasted red bell peppers, and instead of fontina I used havarti. Also boosted flavor with smoked paprika and a bit of extra garlic powder, along with fresh cracked pepper. I think next time I may increase the panko in the mixture to make it a little denser, and bacon might even take this to the next level! One comment is on the topping. I followed the directions against my better judgement and mixed the cheese in to the buttery panko mixture...gloppy mess! I say sprinkle the top with cheese THEN put the panko over that before baking. But that's just me!! All in all, a make-again in my house! :)
Zoe E. 24 Aug 2015
I made this last night and while it was exceptionally good I could only serve partial servings. The sodium content, which I noticed after it was baking ( this was after omitting the salt) was way to high for any side dish.
Cynthia K. 22 Aug 2015
Looks wonderful; I can feel the kernels popping in my mouth, smothered in cheese. Will make soon. Tomorrow!!!
Ed K. 22 Aug 2015
Sounds good. I would use non fat dry milk mixed extra strong, Smart Balance margarine and reduced fat cheeses to stave off the heart attack.