Chayote Squash Au GratinMadeleine Cocina
Looking for a punch of nutrients and flavor? This Chayote Squash Au Gratin recipe is one you will want to keep near and dear to you. It is great for those of you who are on a diet and trying to cut back on the sweets. This Chayote Squash Au Gratin is perfect for the mornings to give you energy for the day and the vital nutrients your body needs. Let us know your thoughts in the comments and rating below. We are happy to read!
- 2 chayotes (medium, cubed)
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup onions (diced)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheese (mild, such as mozzarella, shredded)
- 1Cover the chayote with water in a saucepan and add a pinch of salt. Cook until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat, drain, and let cool slightly.
- 3Spray a skillet with cooking spray and saute the onion until it begins to brown. Add the chayote, add salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover the pan and let rest 5 minutes before serving.